ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My husband is planning on buying a flat but he will be

Customer Question

My husband is planning on buying a flat but he will be leaving the country in a few days time. Is it possible for him to give me the power of attorney so that I can deal with the process on his behalf? If so, how does it work?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you today. I can confirm that it is possible for your husband to delegate an ordinary power of attorney to you so that you may be able to deal with the flat purchase whilst he is unavailable. Such event limited Power of Attorneys are easy to complete - as there is requirement for the form to be registered once it is complete. The form has to be signed as a deed - which means it has to be signed in front of a solicitor or notary public. There is a set fee charged for witnessing signatures by any solicitor of £5. Here is an example power of attorney for you: Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today. THIS GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY is made this ......... day of .........by AB ofI appoint CD ofto be my attorney[s] in accordance with Section 10 of the Powers of Attorney Act 1971. Signed as a deed ................dated ..................In Presence of (witness) .....................Witness Name ................Witness Address ...................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
1. Re ordinary power of attorney, can we limit it to this specific flat purchase?2. Can we see any solicitor or a property one only?3. How long does it take to set up the power of attorney? Can it be done in a day?Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, who registers the contract and how long does it take?
When will the power of attorney come into effect ? Will it be immediate?
Hello Yes it is immediate once signed. You present the agreement to the purchasers solicitor so that you can sign the agreements on his behalf. Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
1. Re ordinary power of attorney, can we limit it to this specific flat purchase?2. Can we see any solicitor or a property one only?
Hello 1. yes - you can limit this to acting on behalf of the flat only 2. Any solicitor will be able to witness the deed for you for £5. Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does it take for the exchange of contracts when buying a property ?
Hello Sorry that isnt in my area of expertise and you will have to post a new question for the correct expert to help you with that. I could only advise you in respect of the POA as I have dealt with this in my area before. Kind Regards Caroline