Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My mother and I owned our house Tenants in common when she

My mother and I owned our house Tenants in common when she died her will left her half in a life interest trust where I am the life tenant. What changes need to be made to the land registry?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The Deeds can remain as they are, as there will be a restriction on the title showing that you hold the property as tenants in common, and thus preventing you from selling the property on your own.However, a straight forward Transfer should be prepared, transferring the property to you and your Mother's Executor(s), as tenants in common. This should then be registered at the Land Registry.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl