75100385

The kand adjacent to us has been sold . it has

Customer Question

The kand adjacent to us has been sold for development. it has been partly cleared and we fir the past 9 months we have a view if unsightly rubbish from every front window. The builder cannit say if or even when he intends to begin work. The council refuse to act until the rubbish has been there fir three years! what to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should read land of course
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.On what basis do the Council refuse please?Is this building waste or other rubbish?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The council say that it would have to be three years before they intervene as that is their policy. they have also said that the builderintends to start work soon when in dact there is a dispute with another landowner with regards ***** ***** and laying of essential services. this dispute us ongoing and no signs of resolution.
The waste is garden rubbish, plastic and paper, corrugated sheets timber etc.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
are there any noise or smells coming from the rubbish?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news then I am afraid to say. If it does not look nice sadly there is nothing in the Environmental Protection Act that can help you.If there were noise or smells then you could seek a Court order under the Act to limit this.But on the basis there are no noise or smells coming from it, there is nothing you can do.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for clarity
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luckAlex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/