75100385

Our AST agreement contains the clause "It is hereby agreed

Customer Question

Our AST agreement contains the clause "It is hereby agreed and understood by both parties that the tenancy shall be liable for an increase in the Rent at the end of each year of the tenancy." In our case that is the 15th of April. Does this clause negate the requirement for the landlord to give 28 days notice of a rent rise, or does he still have to give us 28 days notice of the exact amount of a new rent?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.The landlord still must undertake his legal obligation and give notice. Otherwise you won't know what it would increase to and he also needs to give right of appeal.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The landlord has now proposed a substantial rent increase which we are reluctant to accept. Our tenancy ends on 15 April: if we reject the new agreement, does this mean we have to be out of the property by that date, or is there any leeway?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
he needs to give you a section 21 notice which means you are entitled to stay for 2 months, even if you dont agree the increase in rent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you-very helpful.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help. Alex