75100385

My landlord is claiming cost payment of service

Customer Question

hello, my landlord is claiming cost for non payment of service charge. They are claiming cost in the small claims court citing indemnity clause in the lease.
The lease they have provided (also submitted to the land registry) has the wrong apartment number and is not signed by me. I don't recall agreeing to the the indemnity clause. Can they claim cost in the small claims court without a valid lease?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.If its the wrong lease, you didnt sign it and it mentions nothing about indemnity clause then no.They can only claim what the lease allows.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex