Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have rent a property by agency which is a 1 bedroom apartment

Customer Question

I have rent a property by agency which is a 1 bedroom apartment with separate kitchen and frontroom the cost is 875 per month 200 holding deposite 175 agency fee plus deposite total 2098 pound,went and visit the property and then make the payment to agency ,they ask me to give them 10 days for few repairs ,phone them11 day they said they need some extra time to them 3 more days which I did ,after 3 days no call from them when I call one answer the phone for few times until about 3 days after they call me telling the property is ready not even to say I'm sorry ,then they say only one thing the landlord need a bit more money for the property because he turn it into a 2 bed room ,I replied no I went and visit the property and pay you that's why you guys take so long,Then they said they will after rent it to some one else then ,I say to them I will try and get some help from the council if you accept it they says ok ,it going over 3 weeks I went and visit property work was still going on ,when ever phone them they they make their manager call he never does I'm going their after finish work for my money ,is ther some legal action I can take aginst them for making me homeless and taking my money and have me wating hoping that property would be ready
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.To be clear you rented a property which was not ready?Did you and the landlord sign a tenancy agreement please?