Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Please can you help me with the following problem. My mother

Customer Question

Please can you help me with the following problem.
My mother passed away on Dec 29 2014 and we inherited a small flat worth now in the process of being sold and valued at £150,000. She left the property to her 3 sons (my brothers and I). Sadly my eldest brother (one of the executors) passed away on 12th March 2016 - just recently. He has one son.
Does his share of the house pass onto his son if he has not left a clause stating this in his own will? Does his share go to the remaining two brothers?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Since your brother was alive when your mother died his share of her estate now passes into HIS estate to be distributed in accordance with his Will (or the Intestacy rules)I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare