75100385

There, i have had an issue with current landlord who

Customer Question

Hi there,
i have had an issue with current landlord who brought a ground for possession against myself and my flatmate who has since moved out.
The hearing was due on the 9th of March and I submitted an n244 form alongside fees requesting an adjournment due to compulsory work related travel (from 4th of march till 4th of April) alongside bookings details, email from employer confirming it could not be postponed. They received it on the 7th of March and I believe it was sent to the judge on the 8th of March.
In the form I included a statement of truth, defence and covering letter explaining that no rent was owed due to the cost I incurred repairing boilers and replacing non working white goods (washing machine etc...)
I also explained there was no notice served and demonstrated that landlord submitted deposit registration three days before bringing court action and wasregistered two and half years after start of tenancy...
What surprised me was I wondered whether the judge looked at the forms I submitted as it entered a court order for possession being effective on the date of the hearing (the 9th of March) and ordered £15000 in unpaid based on a rent statement I did not receive in the court documents and most of all entering a judgement against flatmate whom I made clear not only moved out and the fact I was the lead tenant (as in the deposit certificate)...
Now the court has set another date on the 29th of march where I am not even in country which was the very reason I submitted the N244 adjournment. This reinforces my view whether the court even bothered to look at my forms with due dilligence.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What is the Court hearing on 29th March for please?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my no is ***********
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
cheers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you can call me when ready, cheers
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Calling now. Alex
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi again,I forgot to mention the landlord was arrested and put on police bail when he defrauded individuals with regards ***** ***** property...moreover in the bail documents he stated that he had no attachment to the property nor was he a landlord...
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Yes. That makes no difference to your application to adjourn. That is your first priority to get the matter set aside and reheard.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
since I learned of this issue i proceeded to pay his sisters who was the legal guardian of the property...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I meant to defend the case once relisted if it indeed it is
and bring to light his lack of integrity and ability to make false statements
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Indeed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you. I will bear that in mind.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
Good luck.!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Basically, I moved out of a joint tenancy that started of as 6montths fixed term tenancy back in 2013 and then became periodic afterwards.
I handed in notice 28 days notice and left in October 2015.
However the landlord proceeded to sue on AST section 21 and was granted ground for possession during a court hearing in 9th of March 2016. My issue there was a money order included for rental arrears and my name was included.
When I left I owed no rent and was wondering what my option were. The other tenant submitted a new hearing request and was granted it for beginning of april.Cheers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi could you on the above legal matter. Cheers
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.
If I could ask you to post a new question for the above please, as your original one was for the adjournment of possession proceedings question.If you start it: For Alex, I can pick it up. Thanks in advance!