75100385

I have a tenant,3-4 yrs. refusing to communicate through mob

I have a tenant,3-4 yrs. refusing to communicate through mob phone,text or email and even personaly through relatives and they now owe me approx. £1680 in rent arrears ! the property is mortgaged and i wondered how much it would cost for a solicitors letter to be sent to the tenant advising them of my intention to retreive this money unless they bring the rent up to date in which case they will have the option of leaving the property or remaining ( negotiable )
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you,
For now please let me know what type of tenancy and how many months they are in arrears please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Short hold tenancy....3 months. In arrears non-deposit tenancy began in 2012
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Assured Shorthold?Now periodic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Periodic, I would have thought, the original agreement has never been renewed and has been in force since 2012
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - in that case may I ask why you havent protected the deposit as its periodic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I have said before, No deposit paid at the beginning,so no deposit for return at the end I wasn't sure what you meant when you said "periodic"
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thank you yes. If the tenant is more than 2 months in arrears you can issue what is called a Section 8 notice. You can find this online and it requires your tenant to pay up within 14 days or you will go to Court.In any event as its a rolling tenancy you can serve a S.21 notice giving the tenant 2 months to leave, regardless of whether the tenancy has been breached.If the tenant does not comply you can seek possession from the Court. You can use form N5:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n005-eng.pdfThe Court will set the matter down and decide whether to give possession, but the Court will only do this if you have served a S.8 or S.21 notice.You can find free templates for these online.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that assist?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Alex, a sec.8. Is actually under consideration at the moment but I wanted to explore and see if there were any intermediary measures I could take.....Thankyou
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No its a S,8 notice.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify? If so might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today, so the site credits me for the time spent with you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes S 8 ....( section 8 )
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. Alex