Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I need to return the keys to the landlord. However, I do not

I need to return the keys to the landlord. However, I do not have availability for the times he wants to go through the inventory checkout. I have already vacated the property and got it professionally cleaned, taken pictures and videos. Can I just post the keys to the landlord?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask a solicitor to deal with the landlord on my behalf do the handover?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason you think you may not be able to ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lets put it this way. I do not want to see the landlord again. Can I get a solicitor to represent me. Is this a possibility?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
I suppose a solicitor would be wiling to do anything for a fee but I do not think there is a need here.Just return the keys by post. That is perfectly fine. it needs to be secure post of course. You could always use a courier if you think he is going to lie and say the keys weren't returned.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo