75100385

My neighbour constantly parks in front of my garage, whilst

My neighbour constantly parks in front of my garage, whilst I do not put my car in my garage I do unload things from my car in my garage. We have asked him politely not to park there, but he refuses to move it. He says it's a public highway and can legally park there. I have told him we have access rights and he is blocking this, what can we do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is he garage located there as well please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he has 2 parking spaces allocated outside his house but he has 4 cars. Myself and another neighbour have 1 garage each and one parking space outside our fri t door?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So he is blocking your access? Is it a road outside and if so, is there a dropped kerb?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes it is a road and there is a dropped kerb. I have told him he is blocking my access. His response was that I don't park my car in there, so I don't need access.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Have you reported this to the Council?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would, this could be considered an obstruction and they could take action.If not then you could seek an injunction yourself. You should get a Solicitor to write and ask them to stop parking or say you will get an injunction.If they do not then you can seek an injunction to stop blocking access. You would need to complete form N1:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdfN16ahttp://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdfThe Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to grant an order. If the Court does and they breach it, this is contempt of Court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex, so do i need to try the council route first or could I just move forward with a solicitors letter? (do you provide these?) does it not matter that I don't actually park my car in my garage, but I do not want his van blocking access in case I do want to access it, i just want to be clear on my rights? thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would try the council route first as its free, if its a highway.Then try a Solicitor letter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that help?Alex