ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I am trying to buy out my ex-husband from our shared property

Customer Question

I am trying to buy out my ex-husband from our shared property but the property has a charge over it, registered at the Land Registry which needs to be settled first.
The problem is that the charge was put on by a company which appears to have been dissolved but the solicitors who acted for this company say they believe the assets of the company were transferred elsewhere but they do not know where.
The Land Registry still show the original company as being the beneficiary, so my question is ;-
Is it possibly and legal that this has happened, does it matter that the Land Registry details have not been updated and most importantly if the charge still stands is there a way that I can find out who the new beneficiary is?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue to search for an answerregardsSusan
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Dear ***** Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and I can assist you with your query. When a company is dissolved - its assets including the charge on your property pass to the crown. This is then dealt with by the Bona Vacantia Division (BVD) of the government. BVD has a duty to obtain market value for bona vacantia assets. In the case of charges, this will involve collecting the full amount outstanding, including any interest. Once any outstanding amounts have been repaid, BVD will consent to the removal of the charge from the title to the property. If BVD are satisfied that no money remained outstanding when the company was dissolved, they will provide a letter stating that there is no bona vacantia interest. This may help you apply to the Land Registry to remove the charge from the title. However, you must provide sufficient evidence to satisfy them that the charge has been paid off. You can contact the BVD directly so that they may assist you: Bona Vacantia - CompaniesGovernment Legal DepartmentPO Box 70165 LondonWC1A***@******.*** 7210 4700 Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today