75100385

My neighbours chimney/roof is leaking and causing damage to

My neighbours chimney/roof is leaking and causing damage to my bedroom but he will not get it repaired. I have had a roofer to examine the chimney and he states it needs to come down at a cost of £600. I have offered to pay half the cost but my neighbour will not agree to making any repairs. How can I make him repair chimney ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.You need to write and ask him to remove it and split the cost or say you will go to Court.If he refuses you need to apply to Court using form N1:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdfThe Court will send a copy to the Defendant and list the matter for hearing.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your advice, which I will action asap.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks. Alex