75100385

My agent foxtons let my flat years to a tenant, caridon

Customer Question

My agent foxtons let my flat for 5 years to a tenant, caridon property with a three year break. Without my approval tenant sublet to subtenant for three years. Agent negotiated low rental for me. So I terminated tenancy using aS21 notice. Tenant gave a S21 notice too to subtenant. A day after expiration of subtenant S21 notice, subtenant approached me to issue a new tenancy direct to her for the same rent she was paying head tenant a difference of £300 from what was paid to me. Caridon my tenant is saying subtenant is still their tenant and I have to pay them 10% upfront rent. My agent foxton is saying my contract to subtenant cant hold and I would have to pay them commission for 3 years per their terms. What about me who has lost the benefit of a difference in rent for over 3 years without authorising a subtenant? Please advise. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear the existing tenancy was terminated and they are now seeking a new one direct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 AM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a s21 notice was issued to my headtenant who in turn issued a s21 notice to the dub tenant. but the subtenant approached me at the expiration of her notice, asked me for a direct agreement. Which I issued for s 6 months and she accpeted. my former head tenant is insisting on evicting her and asked her to pay county court cost of £280. my agent is charging me for commission for 3 years when the sublet was made becuase i issued a new agreement directly to the subtenant.
well i was not informed before the sublet and did not have the benefit of the increased rent they received over £300 above what i received for three years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find any answer from my expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks shall await phone call.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to call but the system blocks my number and wont let me connect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You said you were also emailing me of your response. Cant find any of your responses.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you want me to email or call you? I can call you and then summarise the position on here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please email since the system wont let you get through to me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does the main agreement say your tenant cant sublet please?If you remove the call block for 1 call I can give you a call now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no call block on *********** please call
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I will call shortly. Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I have just tried and it says the same, not accepting incoming blocked calls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then please let me call you. Please provide a number. Thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now