75100385

I have recently purchased a property that has two garages,

I have recently purchased a property that has two garages, all are shown on both the lease plan and the land registry deeds site plan, so I assume mine, we signed contracts and moved in all on this basis, however the management company state one is theirs, and they paid for it ages ago, I have asked for the key they are refusing and have changed the locks, they have no title deed either
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.On what basis if they dont have a title deed do they say they own it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just they say they paid the previous owner £2000 pounds for the garage and use it for a cycle store, We had no knowledge of this and our Solicitor told us we owned two garages, which all plans show we bought
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my mind we own it, they have to seek compensation from either the previous owner or sue there solicitor if they used one
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then unless they have the title deeds, which they dont and you do, you own it.You probably need a Court order to clarify who the actual owner is. But your Solicitor should have checked, but to be fair if it says that the previous person was the owner, you have to take it as red the Solicitor has done his job.Clearly the seller would be in breach of contract.But in the absence of ANY evidence (and you would have thought the management company would have something, indeed their OWN Solicitor would have registered title etc), then you are the owner.You could seek a Court order to have them removed.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex