75100385

I bought a house in Feb'16 and it was vacant till the last

Customer Question

I bought a house in Feb'16 and it was vacant till the last week when I went to visit the property and someone had moved in without my knowledge. An agent rented the property without my knowledge and the tenants have signed a 6 months contract with the agent. What do I do as I am a first time buyer
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to be clear you have exchanged and someone moved in since, or after you got possession?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
someone moved in on the 20/03/16. The completion was done on the 28/01/16 and the house has been vacant since then as I have been renovating the property before moving in. I live in a different area about 20 miles from the property that I have bought and I cannot go there every day. I went to check the property on the 20/03/16 and was shocked to see tenants moving in on the same day. They signed a contract with an agent
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Are you named as Landlord? Is the contract in your name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't even seen the contract as I am a first time buyer and bought the property to move into.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You will need form N5:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n005-eng.pdf