75100385

If I let out a large number of rooms in my home, can

Hello. If I let out a large number of rooms in my home, can the council force me to register as an HMO, even though I am living in the property?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.The term HMO was brought into usage in 2004 when the Housing Act of that year defined a House in Multiple Occupation as a house with more than 3 unrelated people sharing, forming two or more households. Therefore even if you are a live in landlord and there are more than 3 unrelated people sharing, it is a HMOCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex