75100385

I am leasing a commercial property and have been last

Customer Question

i am leasing a commercial property and have been for the last 15 years with a rent review every 6 years when I signed the last lease renewell in 2010 the rent went up £25 a week but I did not realise that I should have changed the standing order to accomadate the increase the land lord has just discovered this and has asked me for the balance £1650 to date I don't think I should be fully responsible as he should have also noticed within the six years after all he has also submitted books etc to his accountant etc he should be partly responsible thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
When in 2010 was it signed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was signed November 2010
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Its bad news I am afraid, under the Limitation Act 1980 they have 6 years to claim back any unpaid fees.As such they can claim the underpayment from November 2010.Therefore although its partly his fault, he is entitled to claim it back.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/