Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a leasehold 1st floor maisonette . I am the Proprietor

Customer Question

I have a leasehold 1st floor maisonette . I am the Proprietor as I don't own the freehold or part of the freehold.
I want to give it by deed of gift now to my son and grandson as Joint Tenants..Please would you kindly advise me on how the property should be referred to in the deed?
Can I say I am "the estate owner in respect of the fee simple absolute in possession of the property" ? Should this wording be altered...I don't really know what "fee simple in absolute possession " means....
Many thanks for your help,
Rosemary
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rosemary,Could I ask which Form you are using to transfer the property?Is there any reason why you are not instructing a local Solicitor to deal with the paperwork? Kind RegardsAl
Hi Rosemary,I look forward to hearing from you.Al