75100385

What constitutes a precedent re a parking right in a

Customer Question

What constitutes a precedent re a parking right in a communal area? My property (the largest) had a designated area within the deeds. I was aware that this obstructed others and was moved. I was happy with this until the management, short of spaces, declared they had designated another property to park behind or in front of me so obstructing either access to the highway or blocking the side entrance to my property. As far as I am aware the space has previously been used for 20 years by this property.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. To be clear you have had access to the side and highway for 20 years? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, for 20 years.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then this is a prescriptive right. You gain this right after 20 years use and it becomes absolute after 40 years. You need to get a Solicitor to write and ask them to reconsider the position or say you will go to Court.If they refuse then you can go to Court and seek an injunction to stop them preventing you from parking there and having access.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex