Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

If you are applying housing, what personal savings

If you are applying for council housing, what personal savings are allowed to still be eligible for housing?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.Which part of the Uk are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Slough
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The details are herehttp://www.slough.gov.uk/downloads/Housing-allocation-scheme-guide.pdfThe cut off figure is £20,000Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you Claremont -you have been very helpful. Do you know where I can find out the exact location of council housing in Slough?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the predictive texting! I meant "Clare " not "Claremont "!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It will no doubt be scattered across the citybut looking at the council website may assistClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I be given a choice where to live?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You would have to bid on properties and hope to get them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you for your input, Clare! You have given me "food for thought" and I will approach the relevant authorities when I have discussed this with my husband!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Good luck I hope all goes well