75100385

I own and rent out a flat whereby the buildings insurance is

Customer Question

I own and rent out a flat whereby the buildings insurance is required to be a joint policy with the owner occupied flat upstairs. I have recently tried to get a new buildings insurance quote as the current provider's renewal quote has become too expensive. I have been advised to search for brokers that deal with 'block policies' and have found one such company who has offered me a reasonable quote however, it is based on me adhering to the Fire Safety Order 2005.
My question is, do you think this policy is applicable to my situation and if not, do you have any recommendations on how I go about searching for alternative insurance quotes?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please continue Nicola.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Are you the freeholder too?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. The Fire Safety Order 2005 means that any person who has some level of control in premises must take reasonable steps to reduce the risk from fire and make sure people can safely escape if there is a fire.Therefore if you have some sort of control you are responsible for reducing the risk. You need to consider whether you are happy to do this.More information can be found here:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/14879/making-your-premises-safe-short-guide.pdfCan I clarify anything for you?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Alex.

Apologies for the late rating, it took some time for just answer to find an expert and been away for the weekend.

Will be in touch if we need further info.

Thanks again

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!