75100385

If in a situation where a judge issued a repossession order

Customer Question

If in a situation where a judge issued a repossession order for the tenant (me) to leave on a private dwelling by 19th February 2016, but the landlord on their discretion allowed me to stay a further week, but still in the property. If now a warrant of possession is issued where it is assigned that bailiffs will enter the property on 12th April and in the last couple of months i did not pay the rent then can the landlord claim the two months outstanding rent post possession order of 19th Feb?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did the judge allow occupation rent please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is occupational rent?It is simple a repossession order for eviction, which later resulted to a warrant of procession.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you owe rent right up until you leave. The day you leave is the day you stop paying rent, regardless of whether the deadline for the possession order has passed.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i ask the management agent to deduct the rent owed and the court fees from the deposit and any balance outstanding, i pay the difference?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can do that and pay the difference.Does that clarify?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/