Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My husband died in 2007 . The house is in joint names and when

Customer Question

My husband died in 2007 . The house is in joint names and when he made his will he named myself and the three children trustees. We had both been married before and his son and my two daughters are named along with myself as trustees. What i want to know is can i sell my house as it is too big for me and if i sell it do i have to share proceeds with them as i want to buy a bungalow and is slighly less than the value of my house.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat does the will say exactly about the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The will does not mention property at all. It is a discretionary trust . If tge will does not mention the property am i able to buy another of similzr price to mine and upon my death 1 half will be shared amongst the three children .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is the wording of the Trust?