Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Transfer of a property during divorce

Customer Question

transfer of a property during divorce
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want transfer my property to a deed trust during my divorce can you please advice ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please could you expand more on the situation so that I can fully assist you:-Who are you transferring the property to?-For what reason?-Has a divorce taken place?-Has a financial settlement been reached?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the question was if i can transfer my property to deed trust
the divorce has not yet taking place and no,the financial settlement has been reach
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I own two properties, one my wife applied for section 34(2)(a) of the land registrar act 2002. can i still put this property in deed trust?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I do not think that this is possible. Are you attempting to do this so that your wife can not make a claim towards the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sister leant me money to repair my second property.
She has not contributed to neither of the properties in buying and also the maintenance of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can my sister put the property unto the deed trust since I owe money for the repairs ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No, your sister will not be able to do this. However, if you owe her money then she can apply to put a charge on the property for the money that she is owed.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.