Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can I have a house and mortgage with another person and then

Customer Question

Can I have a house and mortgage with another person and then that person comes off the mortgage and house and it's assigned to another person without the original joint owner having to know who the other person is?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please could you breakdown and elaborate on the question to make it clearer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So 2 people own a house and have a mortgage on it. If one of those persons is signed off both the house and mortgage can another person then take on the mortgage and ownership of the house without that original person knowing who that new person is? Can all the documents etc be done without that original person knowing the name of the new person taking on the house and mortgage?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for clarifying - once the person comes off the title, then they will not be notified of any changes to the title or anyone being added to it. However, the title deed is publicly accessible and once the new person is on the title - the original person who was removed can find this out by searching the Land Registry database.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.