75100385

KT12 3LY - The fence that divides our 2 properties has fallen

Customer Question

KT12 3LY - The fence that divides our 2 properties has fallen from a recent storm. The wooden fence fell on our side of the house and not on the neighbour's side. How can I ascertain who is to pay what here for the repair of the fallen fence please?
Ayad
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ayad my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Is anything in your deeds about who owns the fence please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Usually it is your deeds, but as you look at the house from the road, you usually own the fence to the LEFT.You should also ask your neighbour to see if there is anything on their deeds, but if not if its on the Left then it is usually yours.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean on the 'left'? The fence fell on our garden, on our property. Yet when you stand facing the two properties, the left side would be our neighbour's house. So...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then as you look on the left, it would be your fence and your responsibility.If its the fence TO the left.Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/