wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
22732369

Please can you advise about our neighbour he has attached a

Please can you advise about our neighbour he has attached a fence post to our garage wall ,without asking us ,has he any rights to do so without our permission
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Was there such a post there previously, or is this entirely new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a new post
Thanks. I would therefore seriously doubt that your neighbour has any right to do this. It sounds to me that he has made an assumption (wrongly) that he can do this. If it is indeed fixed to your wall, you can require him to remove it and to repair any damage caused (eg bolt holes). I suggest you tell him you're not happy and that you want the post removed and the holes repaired, to your satisfaction. If he refuses, you could seek a court order to have the post removed, as it is essentially a trespass and possibly also criminal damage. Best, WB