75100385

Our neighbour erected a fence on our boundary on our property

Customer Question

Our neighbour erected a fence on our boundary on our property it has fallen in to disrepair and we have now paid for a replacement. He gave his consent to remove the fence and work began yesterday.
He was unhappy at the way his fence was been removed so far and has no during the night placed DO NOT TRESSPASS notices on his remaining fence.
We have tried to remove the panels that he wants to reuse but they do not unscrew from the posts. We have offered to repair them which he has refused.
What do we do as the rest of the fence is been erected today.
Thank you Shell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our property is currently a council rented property and we are in the process of buying it so they did not want to become involved.
The police where called as he came out and became abusive and threatened to smash the new fence with a sledge hammer and have me arrested for criminal damage to his fence. The Police have cleared up the matter regarding the criminal damage as they have said no crime has been committed but should he damage the new fence then he would be committing an offence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
01775 841521
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.On what basis does he refuse to allow repair please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he said he does not like the way in which I was going to repair the panels as he does not want them patched together.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - well you have a number of choices. I would get a Solicitor to write and ask that you repair the fence. He agreed and it was not conditional upon anything - that is if he said he needs to approve the panels, then that would be difference.If he still refuses then you can seek a Court order under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992, the Court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make the order.If the Court does and the neighbour refuses then this is contempt of Court which he could be warned, fined or sent to prison.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*********** is home number ask for Annette
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex