Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I accepted a better offer from a 2nd buyer after being told

Customer Question

I accepted a better offer from a 2nd buyer after being told by my estate agent that the first buyers chain had collapsed. I have now had an email from the first buyer asking for out of court reimbursement of his conveyancing fees. He wants an answer by Monday or he says he will take it to court and also claim more for the distress and my 'immoral actions'
Can he really do this? We had not exchanged contracts
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Please simply ignore this - or politely remind him that Contracts had not been exchanged and accordingly there is no claim that he can make against youI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare