Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

HOME IS OWENED BY DAUHTER , WHO RENTS TO MUM AND OTHER KIDS

Customer Question

HOME IS OWENED BY DAUHTER , WHO RENTS TO MUM AND OTHER KIDS ONE DISAPLYE , CAN THEY CLIAM HOUSING BENEFIT IF THEY HAVE LESEA AGREEMENT OR WHICH TIPE OF AGREEMENT BEST FOR THIS , SINSE THEY HAVE THERE ABOUT 8 YEARS AND ARE PAYING FROM DOWNS SYRDOME , BENEFITS FOR RENT MIDLANDS WALSALL COUNCIL POLICYS , ,
THANK YOU
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWho are the parents of the children involved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mum and dad separedted ,
so can mum , has two uder 18 years , and one dawns syrdome aply for housing benmefit which benefit form like tancy agreement of commerciase leasa , would this be good form to draw can you make agreeement cost ,
, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is for walsall council housing benefit law , advice , thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
So the owner is the daughter of mum and the sibling of the chidlren?They have lived there for 8 years - why is it necessary to apply for housing benefit at this late stage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are on benefits but no housing , and this is been piaid by downs syrdome eldest daugther ,
so find difficult to pay morgage and owner left married , and needs to p ay morgage ,
so which council says commerial lease , would be good for council rent ,
can you make or send form ,
thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is not that easy I am afraid.Because the owner and the people living there are related Housing Benefit will only be payable if the Council are convinced that this is the equivalent of stranger renting the property.As I understand it the Owner was living thee but has now left.When did she leave?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 2 years owner , left and live with husends family ,
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
So since then her sister has been paying the mortgage is that correct?