Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

As I have free trial till midnight today I would ask the

Customer Question

As I have free trial till midnight today I would ask the same Q from different angle : Is it required by law to register additional people with relevant authorities (council, HMRC) if they moved im my property and were residing at my address for over 2 years , Would it be against the law or child welfare if my female friend and her son (8y)moves into my small two bed flat which I am occupying with my 2 daughters (5&8y) and I sleep in the same room as my girls and my friend sleep in the same with her son ? Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionThere is only a requirement to notify the Council if you are claiming the single person Council tax relief.There is only a requirement to notify HMRC if you are charging rent rather than simply sharing all the bills.It is not against the law for a parent to share a room with his or her children.There may be child welfare concerns in the face of such overcrowding but given that the temporary accommodation used by Local Authorities allows for a whole family to reside in a single room the conditions would have to be very bad for Children Services to take actionClare