LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

What kind of evidence is a transcript of a taped police

What kind of evidence is a transcript of a taped police interview with D.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.I am not sure what you mean by this? It can be confession evidence, it can be exculpatory evidence. Usually it will be prosecution evidence. It is usually considered to be primary evidence. If these are not what you are after then plese let me know what you are trying to work out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like is it Original evidence, Hearsay, Testimony etc etc?
It is an exhibit of the interviewing officer, the physical object is real evidence and as Section 114 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 defines hearsay evidence as a statement not made in oral evidence in criminal proceedings and admissible as evidence of any matter stated it is hearsay evidence. It is not testimony -although that is not an expression used in English and Welsh courts - which means the giving of oral evidence in court. I have never come across the expression original evidence before.