Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Dear Clare. I recently asked a question about unjustified

Dear Clare. I recently asked a question about unjustified enrichment after my brother volunteered to sell his half of our mother's house to me which we had inherited equally. I did the property up spending about £25,000 and I kept the receipts. My brother presumably changed his mind about the agreed price when he realised that my efforts had improved the house and the value had increased. Effectively I loaned the estate about £25,000 but my brother thinks the estate only has to pay me back half that sum. £30,000 remains in the client account of the solicitor who carried out the probate until this matter is resolved. Are you willing to act for me? Thank you. John Silvester.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi JohnUnfortunately we are not allowed to have any contact outside of this forum - but I will certainly give you all the assistance that you need.Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Clare but I am getting nowhere on my own, time to employ an expert. Thank you for the offer, though. John.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I understand.However the starting point is the formal letter setting out your case which you are well able to do!