Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have recently bought a leasehold buy to let flat. I retained

I have recently bought a leasehold buy to let flat. I retained the original tenants and letting agents. It has now come to my attention that there has been an ongoing plumbing problem berween a neighbour and the previous landlord which the letting agent was aware of but was not rectified before I completed .do I have to bare the costs for the works to rectify this?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Could you confirm if the Seller completed the standard Property Information Form?I take it that the Seller would have been aware of the problem (and not just the Letting Agents)?I look forward to hearing from you.Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the seller was aware and in discussions with the neighbour and the letting agents prior to my interest in the property
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The seller did complete the standard property information form
No mention of this from my solicitor
Hi,Thanks for your reply.Well, on the basis that the Seller was aware of the issue, he has been guilty of misrepresentation if he failed to disclose the issue to you on the Property Information Form. As such, you are entitled to sue him for the loss you will incur concerning the plumbing problem.You should therefore instruct your Solicitor to advise you in more detail and to take action against your Seller.I hope this assists and sets out the general legal position.Kind RegardsAl