Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I went into my council website to check the progress of my

Customer Question

I went into my council website to check the progress of my rear extension application .
Although it says Awaiting decision, there are 7 documents attached to it. One of them Decision report and the other is the Officer'so repot. Both documents states clearly the council GRANTS the application. I went a head and purchase the materials and started the work. In the mean time I phoned the planning officer to enquire if I have to pay again the building control fees or not.
The officer told me that the application is bound for refusal and she is not aware of the fact that it has been granted. Later today., the council removed the two reports of which I Have two print outs.
I need to know my legal rights should the council send me a refusal letter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.On what basis was the website updated? Do they accept it was wrong?Alex