75100385

I live in a end terrace house next door are building a five

Customer Question

I live in a end terrace house next door are building a five foot in front of there house and down the side of my house can I stop them
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Do they have planning permission for this please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they don't they also put a 5ft fence up down the side of our house and completely ignored my request for a 4ft fence as it says on my deeds that no structures structures must be erected
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do they own the land they are building the on? What is if they are building, just a fence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no they rent the property and I have spoke to the estate agent with no satisfaction
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - but they are putting a fence up, no other buildings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no other buildings
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When you say its down the side of your house, do you mean garden or driveway?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its down the side of my garden 15ft from my gable end
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then it's bad news. I am sorry to say that they are allowed to build a fence on their land. Unless it says in the deeds they can't then they can.They also may not need planning permission as it is too low for that. So unless there is anything to the contrary they can build a fence.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/