Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have right of way to use a private track. the owner of the

i have right of way to use a private track. the owner of the drive says that i have to contribute to the maintenance of the track. is this right
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you have the wording of your right of way or know more or less what it says? Kind Regards Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the deeds say that we have full rights and liberty at all times and for all uses to use the track. this is noted in the deeds from 1928
Thanks. Well, unless the clause granting you a right of way says "full rights...subject to you contributing towards the upkeep of the right" (or words to the effect that your right is subject to you contributing towards its upkeep), then you have no legal responsibility of making any contribution whatsoever. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. Kind Regards Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no at the time only my house was built (1871) here and as far as we can see the track was attached to the farm that then sold land for 3 houses. paying for upkeep is not mentioned