Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

We have just been notified by our mortgage provider that

Customer Question

hi we have just been notified by our mortgage provider that they have sold our mortgage to another provider from 13/5/2016. We have not had any previous notification of this and having investigated the new company it appears they are no more than a vicious money lender. We have been with our present supplier for 7 yrs with no missed or late payments Obviously we are concerned that this new company are unprofessional and operate close to illegal employing bully boy tactics. What can we do
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Have you discussed any alternative options with your current mortgage provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not spoken to them yet am going to call them tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what if any are our options and should we have had prior notification
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with as it is more property law. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.