Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
31090051

We want to buy a property with our daughter and son in law

We want to buy a property with our daughter and son in law - it is a farmhouse and cottage all on one title deed. Would the current owners be able to split the title deed for the two properties as it seems impossible to mortgage with both on one deed?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
There is no legal or technical reason why the title can't be split if the two properties are divisible from a practical point of view. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it make a difference if the people who currently own the property have a mortgage on it?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
When they sell the mortgage would have to be paid off so the title split would be done at the point of sale.