Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

I have a lease of space business. However

Customer Question

I have a lease for rent of space for my business. However since the lease was signed the building has been sold to another party but a transfer of the lease has not been signed.
My question is is the lease I have still legally binding even though the agreement was with the previous owner and not the new owner?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If you have a lease signed with the previous freeholder/landlord then no document is required to transfer the lease to the new freeholder/landlord. No amendment to the lease is required, the landlord only needs to show you that he owns the freehold, If your lease was longer than 7 years when you original obtained it then your solicitor would have been able to register it against the freehold title and so the new owners would be aware of the lease since it would be revealed to them by their solicitor as part of the pre-contract process when they purchased the freehold. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response, that answers my question
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Please do remember to rate my answer.Tom