Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Joshua, I wondered if you could just explain what a Conveyance

Customer Question

Hi Joshua, I wondered if you could just explain what a Conveyance is please. In our one it states a right of way over a passageway, however the passageway has not been defined on the title deeds. A gate is in the fence between us and our neighbour however this was moved up when they had their extension built. My neighbour wanted to clear his garden rubbish but put all of it over the fence half way down our garden, came through the gate walked down our garden, which I feel is trespassing, picked up all his rips bush and went past our house out onto the main road. We are the end of terrace house. We do have a conservatory next to the gate which gives limited space to get past, but what right does our neighbour ha veto use a right of way over a passageway that isn't clearly defined, and walk around our whole garden!? Hope I've explained it ok. Thanks, Allison
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The deeds also state the land has the benefit of a right of way over the passageway giving access to the back of the property, which is the same wording our neighbours have in their deeds. The issue for us is, how do you actually define where the right of way is? Our property's were built in 1934. We appreciate that our neighbour has entitlement but we don't want them to be walking around our garden when they feel like it!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is the exact wording granting the Right of Way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, I'll send you a couple of photos taken from the title deeds and conveyance of the wording which I hope may help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is from the title deeds:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And these are taken from the conveyance:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the plan:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I just realised I forgot to say we are house no. 10.