Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We bought our property in Wales

Hello. My name is Maggs. We bought our property in Wales 13 years ago, at which time the land comprised 2 acres. Since then we have exchanged parcels of land and the holding is now 3 acres. We want to change the property deeds to show the correct holding. How do we do this please.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.I take it that the additional 1 acre you have acquired was not dealt with via Solicitors and the appropriate documentation drawn up and registered at the Land Registry?Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. The exchanges were done informally and no solicitors were involved. Also there were no changes made to land registry documents. The exchanges concern 2 neighbours and 3 bits of land.
Hi,Thanks for your reply.Well, first of all, you will need to obtain a Land Registry compliant Plan (one which is to scale/with a North point) showing the extent of the parcels of lands which have been transferred. You would normally have to instruct a Surveyor/Architect to do this.Then, all parties will need to instruct their respective Solicitors, to enable the appropriate Land Registry Transfer documents to be drawn up and signed by the respective parties. The Transfers then need to be registered at the Land Registry, and you will be allocated new Title Numbers after the application have been dealt with.I hope this clarifies matters, but please let me know if I can assist further.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached a picture of a map that we have with our deeds.
Is this the type of map you are referring to.
Is there a way that this work could be carried out without the involvement of solicitors and surveyors etc.
ie. sending amended copies of maps and covering letters from all involved directly to the land registry.
Hi,Yes, the Ordnance Survey plan would be acceptable to the Land Registry.As regards ***** ***** Solicitors, the Land Registry will only accept a formal TR1 or TP1 Document, accompanied by their Form AP1, when registering the transfer of ownership of land, so unless you are familiar with these forms (and they would also include reference to which boundaries each party is responsible for maintaining/if any covenants or rights need to be imposed), you will struggle without instructing a Solicitor. Furthermore, if a private individual makes a Land Registry application, this will be refused unless the party has had their identity verified by a Solicitor, using the Land Registry Form ID1.I know it will cost, but I would therefore advise you to get a Solicitor to prepare the necessary Transfers.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible for 1 solicitor and or surveyor to act for all parties.
Hi, I'm afraid we Solicitors can not act for more than one party-unless all the clients are from the same family, and there is no conflict of interests.However, provided a different Solicitor from the same Firm acts for each party, then just 1 law firm could act.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't currently think of any further questions I need to ask.
Is there anything I have missed?
Maggs
Hi Maggs,I hope I have answered everything and let you have all the relevant information. For the sake of speed and efficiency, I would recommend that you do get a Solicitor to sort the paperwork out.If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I may get credited for my time.Kind RegardsAl
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All good here thanks.
Your answers they have shown us the way forward.
Maggs