75100385

A car on my neighbour's property demolished my brick

A car on my neighbour’s property demolished my brick boundary wall. The neighbour states that it was a third party’s car and states that they will not pay the £200 repair. What are my rights?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Do you know whose car it was?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regrettably, no. The neighbours are denying that it was theirs but this has occurred twice before and a neighbour admitted liability on one occasion.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.If it's denied your neighbour can name who it is and you can bring those onto proceedings as well.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response. Can I assume that even if it is an unidentified third party car, the law is on my side?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
it is although you would ideally want to identify them.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much.