chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My landlord has served me a section 21 notice because she

my landlord has served me a section 21 notice because she wants to sell the property, do i still i have to give her notice if i find a property before the end of the two month period?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Does the notice privide 2 clear month notice to vacate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does. Notice issued on 14th May 2016 and re possession date 29th July 2016
Hi,It woild be good practice to inform uour landlord of the date that you are leaving to ensure that you do not incur any further rental charges.If you fail to inform your lanlord of your leaving date, she may continue to charge you rent until the date of eviction.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I give her one months notice can it be from any date or does it have to rental period notice?
Hi,The notice can be from any date but should fall on or before a rent day. Therefore, you should give at least 1 months clear notice which expores before the next rent period begins.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards