Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ground rent was over due by a few yearsnthey have sent a

Customer Question

My ground rent was over due by a few yearsnthey have sent a court summons I have paid the last bill they sent me including charges however now the solicitors who are representing the company that own the lease have told me I now owe a further £2210?? The yearly ground rent is £2:15 the bill I paid was £89:20 they have made no breakdown or explained where this figure has come from when I asked them after paying the outstanding bill £89.20 if there were any more to charges to pay I was told no but I may have to pay a percentage of the court fees but that would be minimal.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. The amount sounds like legal costs. Was a costs order made in their favour as part of the court decision?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not gone to court yet they say I need to pay another £2210.20 or they will take me to court
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - you will need to ask them what the £2,210.20 is for and to request a detailed breakdown in relation to this demand. If it is for legal costs, these are not automatically payable by the respondent unless there is a court order for costs.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you