Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

HOW DO I GET A COPY OF THE DEEDS TO A FLAT THAT I OWN

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.It is highly likely that your property is registered at Land Registry. Registration in this way replaced the old style paper deeds, so that once a property is registered the deeds are no longer relevant. You can download a copy of the register for your property from the land registry's search engine to find the title number :-https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0C7IdFQG9k5Tz/ Enter the postcode for your property and if it is registered it will give you the option to download a copy of the register. Because you are looking for a flat you will have to download the “leasehold” option of the titles that it shows you are available. Once you have downloaded a copy of the title register for your property you can provide your evidence of title ownership. If you want a copy of the actual lease for the property then you should be able to call land registry and refer to the title register that you have downloaded and ask them to send you a copy of the lease to you for a small fee. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom