75100385

My neighbor parks his car on the road outside his house so

my neighbor parks his car on the road outside his house so when I go out I have to walk in the middle of the road to pass his house, he does have off road parking for two cars the same as all the other houses do , is this legal?.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Are there any yellow lines?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for not stateing my name to start with, I am Rita, no there are no lines at all, each house has a dropped curb and paveing from the house to the road, and every house has 2 parking spaces , either in there dive or parking bays at the end of each row of houses, off the road.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - have you reported this to anyone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I would like to keep it between the neighbor and myself, I was walking across his paveing close to the curb so as not to have to walk in the road and he has said I'm being disrespectfull of his property by doing so, I think I'm being sensible not walking in the middle of the road and wouldn't that be a pedestrian walk way anyway?.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - you need to speak with your neighbour and ask not to park there. If he refuses then you can get a Solicitor to write and ask him not to park there.

If he still continues you could seek a Court injunction. You would need to complete forms N1:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf

The Court would list the matter down and decide whether to make an order not letting him park there. If the Court does make the Order and he breaches it, this could be contempt of Court and he may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/