chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have let a commercial property on a 15 years lease. the

I have let a commercial property on a 15 years lease. the new tenant is making structural changes to the building including removal of load bearing walls. removing central heating and air conditioning. I know he has to replace all at the end of the lease but who owns the removed components, do they need storing, can I take then away, if so will that affect the replacement obligation at the end of the lease term.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,You as the landlord own the removed components as they form part of the building. It is up to you whether you choose to have the current tenant store the items or you store them yourself. It would be the tenants obligation to return those items at the end of the term, if that is what has been agreed between the two of you.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Kind regards,