Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
12609314

I am doing some renovations in my own flat. The flat is a

Customer Question

I am doing some renovations in my own flat. The flat is a first floor flat in a purpose built block, which was build in circa 1969. I want to replace all the doors so my question is do I need fire doors or can I use hollow non-fire doors. My main front door is a solid fire door anyway.
thanks
Shaf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition, I have removed my lounge and kitchen doors which both lead to the hallway. I did this to create more space. Please advise on this also.
thanks
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
You need to replace like with like. So if a door is not currently a fire door then you can replace it with a normal door.You should check the lease just to be sure and also. see what it says about alterations , removing doors is not a structural alteration but , personally , I would keep them so I can pop them back on if required.I hope this helpsIf there are any further points please reply and I will be happy to respond.Best wishesMichael